Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Myrtle Beach

We made the long journey to Myrtle Beach on Saturday. It was supposed to take 4 1/2 hours, but I think it took about 5 1/2. There really isn't a direct route with highways there from where we live. We have to go on back roads where the speed limit is sometimes 45, 50, or 60. Anyways, we made it. We got to see my brother and his family and everyone else. The house we stayed in was beautiful. It was on Ocean Lakes Family Campground. We were in a 5 bedroom 3 bath house right on the beach. Every "lot" had golf carts and my parents had recently bought one of their own, so they brought theirs also. In the confines of the campground was a grocery store, laundry, a little fast food joint where you ordered from the window, a pool, rec center, vball, bball, a park, and several other things. I would definitely love to go again. The only draw back was that all the houses were smooshed together. There were all sizes of houses. There were RV's and tents, as well.
On Sunday, a wave took away my glasses, so I had to spend Monday getting an eye exam and ordering glasses at the one hour place. I guess it was a good thing that happened because it had been 3 years since my last eye exam. Now I can actually see!
The girls start school tomorrow. Thank God! I am sick of looking at school supplies that we have to give to their homeroom teachers. It's been laying around our house since the beginning of August.

No comments: